Below you will find important details about Reverie Retreat. Please read thoroughly so that you understand the unique characteristics and limitations of staying at our remote rural property. We have found that guests are happier when they understand exactly what they are booking – and we would certainly prefer to host happy guests!
CANCELLATIONS AND CHANGES:
- You must cancel your reservation by 3pm seven days prior to your scheduled arrival to receive a full refund, less a $20 cancellation service fee.
- All reservations become non-refundable and non-changeable after the cancellation window closes.
- There will be no adjustments, guarantees, refunds or rebates for problems or failures beyond our control such as weather, fire, smoke, road conditions, power outages, or any other unavoidable occurrences.
- We apply these policies consistently to all reservations in order to treat everyone equally.
- Reverie Retreat is an adults-only facility – the minimum age for all guests is 18 years old.
- Up to two dogs are welcome in the Sunset Yurt and Reverie Cottage for a fee of $20 per night (dogs only – no cats or other animals).
- Unauthorized animals will result in the termination of your stay without refund.
- Our property is not fenced and we have lots of wildlife, so you must keep your dog(s) on leash around the property at all times.
- Dog(s) are not allowed to be left behind if you leave the property.
- No pets at the pool area.
- Quiet hours are between 9pm and 8am. This is a very tranquil setting so no loud music at any time, and no music in the pool area.
- No drones.
- Check-in is at 3pm or later; check-out is by 11am, this includes the pool and all communal areas including trails.
- Photo identification is required for all guests at the time of check-in.
- Only registered guests are allowed on the property. Please, no outside visitors.
- Please drive no more than 5mph once you enter the property. Past guests have hit and killed rabbits and other critters when speeding on our property. Please drive slowly and beware of the speedbumps on the driveway!
- There is one parking spot available per unit. If you need to bring a second vehicle, let us know in advance or we may not have a space available for you.
- An Electric Car Charger is available for guest use for $10 per charge. Please communicate with us in advance to reserve the time you would like to use it.
- Absolutely no fire of any kind inside or outside the units.
- No smoking (this includes cannabis or any other smokable substance) or vaping inside the units or at the pool; if you need to smoke anything, please let us know and we will show you how and where to do it safely. If there is a clear odor or visible evidence of smoking in the unit, we will charge you a $150 cleaning fee.
- No candles, no wood campfires, no open flames, either inside or outside.
- Propane fire pits are available to rent, please inquire in advance or upon check-in. The fire pit is not suitable for cooking or s’mores, so absolutely no cooking on the fire pit.
- No drugs and no firearms allowed on the property.
- Guests are welcome in the pool area from 8am to sunset; the pool gate is closed at dusk.
- The pool is shared by all guests on the property so you should not have any expectation of privacy while you are in the pool area.
- The pool is heated seasonally via solar tubing, so it is generally pleasant between May and October, depending on weather conditions.
- The hot tub is heated during the last two hours before sunset – with four guest units it is not feasible to heat it on demand for everyone, so please understand that the hours are not negotiable. (NOTE: The hot tub is not available in 2021 due to COVID restrictions).
- No pets or glass in the pool area. We provide acrylic wine glasses for you to use when enjoying beverages at the pool.
- Absolutely do not stand or sit on the infinity edge of the pool.
- No diving in the pool. This is for your own safety!
- There is no lifeguard so you use the pool at your own risk.
- You are required to read and follow the pool rules posted at the pool.
THINGS TO BE AWARE OF:
- You are visiting nature! You may encounter spiders, mosquitoes, ticks, wasps, and other insects typically found in the woods so be prepared with long sleeves/pants and insect repellant.
- It is possible, although unlikely, you could encounter a bear, a mountain lion, a rattlesnake, or other woodland creatures. Keep in mind that this is their home too and they have as much right to be here as we do – probably more!
- Cell service can be spotty, depending on your carrier (Verizon is okay).
- Our internet service is cellular-based which means it can be slow and/or intermittent at times. Do not count on being able to stream more than one device at a time or to be able to videoconference.
- The internet is accessible from all units on the property, as well as at the pool area.
WEATHER, SMOKE, WILDFIRES, AND POWER OUTAGES:
- PG&E, our electrical power supplier, periodically shuts off service during severe wildfire risk conditions.
- Our solar power storage system does not fully power the property, so you may experience reduced electrical power during your stay if PG&E turns off the power.
- During wildfire season you may experience smoke from wildfires burning throughout California.
- We do not give refunds due to smoky conditions or weather-related issues, such as heatwaves, excessive rain and stormy weather, or power outages.
- Although we will make every effort to keep you informed about the weather conditions and forecast, you should also take responsibility for checking the weather forecast and smoke maps.
- You must have written permission from Reverie Retreat to use anything Reverie Retreat-related for commercial purposes (this includes photos/video on advertisement-driven Instagram accounts).
- No drones allowed anywhere on the property.
- Be mindful of other guests when taking photos.